REQUISITION #: 65346
STATUS: Full-Time with\nFull-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
BUSINESS UNIT: HF Hospital & Support\nGroup
Facilities - Engineering
JOB FAMILY: Facilities
JOB FUNCTION: \nFacility/Security/Support Svc
CAMPUS/JOB LOCATION: Henry Ford\nHospital Detroit Campus
LOCATION (STATE/CITY): US-MI-Detroit
More\ninformation about this position
- Under minimal\nleadership, is responsible for the safe and economical maintenance and\noperation of all facets of building maintenance
- Performs preventive\nmaintenance on all HVAC and mechanical equipment; interface with\npatients; co-workers and other licensed engineering personnel in the\nmaintenance of various HFH campus buildings
- Obtains training\nrequired for existing and new equipment and participates in Quality\nImprovement teams when necessary
- Works as teams with other trades as\nneeded
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposed to temperature extremes of hot and\ncold, with high humidity and noise. Works with various hand-held tools\nand automated equipment.
- High School Diploma or\nG.E.D.
- Must have 1 of the following licenses: City of Detroit 3rd\nclass refrigeration license; Journeyman HV AC mechanical license;\nElectrical Journeyman license; Boiler City of Detroit High-pressure\nlicense or above or Mechanical Contractors License; Journeyman\nplumbing with heating /cooling experience of 3 years
- Must have 5-8\nyears experience in maintenance of a large industrial or\ninstitututional facility
Our health system thrives on\nteamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when\nthey are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our\npatients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we\nhave a job for you!
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is one of the\ncountry's largest health care systems and a national leader in\nclinical care, research and education. Our system includes the\n1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance\nPlan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities\nthroughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry\nFord, we continue to be committed to improving the health and\nwell-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford\nHealth System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care.\nHenry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs\nmore than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy\nSchlichting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is\ncommitted to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all\nindividuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,\nsexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital\nstatus, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic\nprotected by law.
Apply for this position
Attention: Henry Ford\nHealth System Employees - Please visit Henry and search opportunities\nthrough Employee Self Service.
- Apply Now!
- Refer someone to this\nposition
Back to Talent Selection System Home Page
Henry Ford Health System
Website : http://www.henryford.com