The Concorde Group
Our client, an established residential developer/builder located in Larchmont, NY, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Coordinator of Design to join their Builders Group. This role will support our Director of Design in the planning and design of multiple residential projects. Candidates must have the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment in both the office and the project job sites. This is a permanent fulltime opportunity. Salary: Up to 65K DOE; email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Responsibility
Perform the following responsibilities under the direction and review of the Director of Design.
• Assist the Director with organizing and coordinating design concept presentations and design documents. Prepare material/finish boards, color renderings, imagery and concept visuals and related graphics materials.
• Assist the Director with creating interior design matrixes that coordinate with drawings, schedules and specifications.
• Review interior drawings and coordinate design comments relating to constructability of apartments layouts, kitchens, bathrooms, and finish schedules.
• Assist the Development team with documenting interior design requirements.
• Research and propose alternate design products to the Development team when the item cannot be produced within the project timeframe or exceeds approved budget.
• Perform field visits to prepare interior finish punch lists including; furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) related to interior design scope as required.
• Keep abreast of new products, trends and technology, and perform necessary research.
• Research product and material pricing for estimated budgets.
• Familiarity with unit pricing and current market conditions impacting costs is helpful.
• Assist with quantity take-offs for preliminary budgeting purposes.
• Experience with lighting design is a plus.
• Knowledge of rendering software is a plus.
• Manage design libraries of resources and maintain files and binders.
• Assist third party design teams with expediting purchases, scheduling vendors, and processing orders.
• Manage installations, deliveries, and “follow-up” for residential amenities and models. This will include picking up items from vendors, arranging furniture and supervising moves.
• Maintain specification binders and manuals and other related records through project completion.
• Review and coordinate responses for sample submittals within required deadlines.
• Prepare meeting minutes, field visit reports and punch lists related to interior design project scope.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing schedule each week.
• Perform all other job related duties as requested.
• Minimum of three years of experience in architecture or interior design required.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Proficiency in AutoCad required.
• Professional and pleasant demeanor with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, efficiency of workflow and overall workplace order and organization.
• Strong problem solving and project management skills.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Willingness to travel within the NYC metro area on a regular basis. Access to a car is preferred.
Established in 1986, The Concorde Group has become Westchester County’s premier boutique staffing agency. Our mission is twofold; to provide the tri-state areas best companies with the most effective human resource solutions possible and place qualified candidates in better jobs. Our professional staff of counselors has over 90 years of experience in a diversity of disciplines. If you are an organization looking to upgrade or add staff, our comprehensive list of services can make Concorde your one stop staffing solution. If you are a candidate seeking a better opportunity, or have been unsuccessful finding more suitable employment, Concorde is one of Westchester’s top job placement agencies and can introduce you to your new career.