We seek a Director of Housing for our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority. The Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) is looking for an exceptional management and leadership professional to direct and manage the housing sites of the Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority.
The Director of Housing will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day property management activities including: managing occupied apartments, marketing vacant apartments, rent collection, overseeing building maintenance and construction projects, maintaining security, budgeting, and supervision of personnel.
In addition, the Director of Housing is responsible for the enforcement of legal rights and responsibilities pertaining to landlord/tenant duties, including enforcement of leases, rules and codes. This position also serves as a liaison to community, government and service organizations, and engages in ongoing communication with residents.
* Bachelors degree in urban planning, public administration, business or other related field; Masters degree preferred.
* 5 years experience in residential property management, the planning and management of a business or government program, public/senior housing, government law, procurement or related field.
* Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
* Public Housing Management (PHM) certification or organizational certification from the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) required. If not certified, ability to become certified within one year of hire.
* Strong understanding of landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities and ability to enforce same.
* Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
* Excellent organizational, project management and recordkeeping skills.
* Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
* Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Must be available to respond to resident and property emergencies during non-duty hours, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a customer-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, Lake MHA offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; compressed work week; life insurance and short term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement; Ohio Public Employee Retirement and deferred compensation. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security.
Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of two federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly known as Section 8) and the Public Housing Program. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
Please no walk-ins or telephone calls.
Candidates selected for initial telephone interviews will be contacted after May 29, 2018.
Equal Opportunity Employer