Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Plays a critical role in ensuring that enterprise applications are designed, developed and implemented across the enterprise meeting the best practices and architectural patterns. Incumbents in this position will be involved in every phase of the project lifecycle from intake through delivery, and will be considered one of the leadership team members who have primary responsibility that a solution is well engineered, operable, and maintainable, delivered on schedule, aligns to enterprise vision and provides the anticipated business value. The Senior Architect is responsible for defining, documenting and leading the technical development of these applications. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Researches the latest in industry trends along with the needs of the organization while also being a strong advocate for flexible and robust technology.
* Experiments and provides proof of concept with emerging technologies, while developing enterprise-wide architectures, standards, design guides, processes, and other reference guides in a leadership role.
* Provides architectural direction, 3rd party vendor evaluations, analysis of external party integration, detailed estimation, schedule development, assesses resourcing needs during proposal & bids, part of existing programs or R&D efforts.
* Leads creation of and is accountable for system design documentation, including enterprise architectures, feature designs and interface specifications.
* Oversees detailed technical designs created by development teams.
* Analyzes customer requirements (functional and non-functional); participates in requirements capture meetings and workshops with customers as necessary.
* Knowledgeable about SaaS software, software licensing and able to explain both the design and business model of a SaaS system.
* Employ agile methodologies to ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects.
* Expert knowledge in Software Design Patterns required.
* Participates in formal meetings with subcontractors, customers and third party suppliers for technical clarifications.
* Keeps up-to-date on the latest developments in systems engineering, computers, communications systems and software techniques relevant to the company s operation.
* Participates in the training and mentoring of less-experienced members of the department as necessary. Mentors development, operations and program team members on architecture topics (e.g., issues, directions, guidelines, principles, etc.).
* In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time, as may be reasonably required of them.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree (BS or BA) in computer science, engineering or related field plus a minimum of 12 years of related experience or advanced degree with 10 years of related experience. must be in an Architect or Lead role, leading requirements analysis, design, development and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability, performance, availability and cost/revenue optimization. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with business units, product management, development and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles. Ability to drive technical designs to consensus and approval. Designs solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Founded by Walter J. Zable, Cubic began life as a small electronics company in a San Diego storefront in 1951. The employees' tireless efforts over the next few years laid the foundation for large-scale product diversification and growth. During the decade of the 1960s, Cubic grew by 588 percent. Among Cubic's early successes were the introduction of products such as precision distance measuring equipment, and aerial photo mapping and survey systems. The company also developed the nation's first electronic stadium scoreboard in 1966 for San Diego's stadium.