The Salesforce Architect
is responsible for the overall application architecture strategy, its alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and its usage patterns within the development community. The Architect develop and maintain an architecture roadmap. The Architect will oversee development organizations as they translate business requirements into functional solutions to ensure it aligns with the strategic roadmap as well as defined standards and best practices. The Architect is expected to provide Salesforce technical leadership for a team of developers, business consultants, and admins. The ability to demonstrate management expertise and execute strategic direction, as well as possessing significant depth of technical expertise in salesforce architecture and solutioning, will be key for the position.
• Be accountable for the creation and evolution of the overall application architecture strategy, its alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and its usage patterns within the development community.
• Responsible for connecting business goals and challenges and for the overall design of the application solution on Salesforce.com
• Define and enforce best practices/standards supporting the platform adoption and full application lifecycle (design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support).
• Work closely with business and IT leaders to drive innovative solutions (including out of box solutions) to complex business needs.
• Develop, maintain, and communicate standards around design leadership, documentation, and stakeholder communication in line with enterprise standards.
• Demonstrate a deep knowledge of all Saleforce.com product offerings and solutions.
• Designs solutions with maximum usability while minimizing complex code and customization.
• Delivers detailed design proof-of-concepts, wireframes, prototypes as needed.
• Drives communications with all key stakeholders including delivering project updates and and key stakeholders and maintains alignment
• Stay current on Salesforce releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties on the Salesforce AppExchange.
• Provide the technical vision and direction within the Salesforce platform domain.
• Develop, maintain, and communicate the platform architectural future state and direction.
• Design, document, and develop POCs and development pattern samples for consumption by the larger technical delivery organization.
• Communicate and govern use of architectural trends and best practice within the application domain.
• Conduct product/solution evaluations for architectural domain.
• Serve as a mentor/coach for the technical delivery staff.
• At least 4 years of experience as a Salesforce Architect.
• Experience leading Agile development teams to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices, and code quality techniques
• At least 8 years of progressively responsible technical and business work experience developing applications
• Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Salesforce Lightning, Community, and App Clouds
• Strong knowledge of CRM best practices and methodologies
• Salesforce development experience including strong working knowledge and ability to code APEX (classes, triggers and web services), Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, and Force.com.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Salesforce architecture.
• Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and APIs
• Experience completing multiple salesforce.com implementation projects requiring integration to legacy systems using Salesforce APIs.
• Strong knowledge of Salesforce application including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, visual force, apex coding, batch processes, and database design.
• Advanced knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, visual force pages, workflows, and configuration.
• Must be Salesforce Certified Developer or Salesforce Certified Architect
• Experience working with ETL tools.
• Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Salesforce Classic to Lightning interface migration experience
• Salesforce SHIELD implementation experience
• Salesforce Financial Services Cloud experience
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience
• Bachelor's Degree -- or Equivalent experience
• Experience with java and J2EE technologies, .NET or equivalent object oriented development.
• Mulesoft Anypoint Platform integration experience
Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1's. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 5, 1500 AMERICAN BLVD,
Charlotte, NC, Gateway Center, 901 W Trade St,
- United States
: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time
: Full time
Hours Per Week
: 1st shift