Sr. Project Designer','150160','!*!About Us
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' videoWe believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Our New York office focuses on healthcare and science and technology projects, both domestic and international. HDR is looking for a Sr Project Designer to join their team in New York, NY.
The primary responsibilities of the Sr Project Designer include: Take responsibility for creative concepts/solutions for complex architectural projects.
Meet directly with the owner/client, analyse project goals, conceive and develop architectural concepts/solutions for those goals.
Initiate and create designs and other documentation with responsibility for preparation of presentation drawings, models and narratives.
Provide senior leadership for all disciplines related to overall building design.
Represent our firm by participating as a key member of our business development team in marketing to prospective owners/clients.
Work with various disciplines throughout all phases to ensure all concepts/solutions accommodate project needs and the owner's program.
Overseeing the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
Establishing good client relationships and coordinating with outside consultants.
Participating in marketing, contractual, design and production meetings.
Conducting schematic design, design development and contract document work sessions at the project sites in conjunction with junior project managers, project architects and representatives from other disciplines.
Developing staffing plans and coordinating workloads with the project team throughout the duration of the project in order to meet project deadlines and complete documents on schedule.
Reviewing and coordinating contracts with owners and consultants.
Perform other duties as needed.','!*!
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture or closely related field.
• 7 years professional or internship experience preparing details, specifications and construction documents.
• Must possess credentials to obtain future registration.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project).
• Desire to pursue growth opportunities and eventually obtain registration.
• Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process.
• Demonstrated graphic presentation skills.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Master's degree in Architecture
• Experience in the areas of healthcare, educational, civic, science and research facilities
• Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max but not required.
• Rhino and Grasshopper experience
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. ','United States-New York-New York','','','','','','Architecture','Full-time','Regular','','Healthcare Architecture','Healthcare Architecture','Jul 12, 2018','Sr. Project Designer