Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Architects thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Digital Services Team is looking for an Enterprise Architect to work on critical cross- enterprise Digital Utilities. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong leadership, influence with architecture breadth, technical depth and who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. You will analyze, model, and develop complex and high-level architecture plans that require the integration of multiple technologies and coordination of functional areas across the organization. You'll work closely with other technologists to define the strategy for the firm. You'll be a part of Schwab's Application Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Digital Technology strategy.
If you consider yourself someone that: strong developers, leads and architects on the teams want to work with, and you have the uncanny ability to drive a compelling long-term vision this is an opportunity to lead Charles Schwab Digital Services architecture. You hands-on experience in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and deep interest and experience in broad enterprise platforms (information architecture, information flow, appropriate modularization and loose coupling while measuring flexibility with specification and optimization) will have direct impact on the direction of the company, our customers and industry.
What you'll do:
* Architecture Ideation - Assist business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects
* Architecture and Design - Participate/Lead in producing the solutions conceptual architecture and associated artifacts, develop architecture of components based on conceptual architecture/design
* Advice/Mentor on Technical and Design - Provide advice and guidance to team leads regarding technical and design decisions
* Provide direction, guidance, definition, evaluation, and facilitation for the development of current and future architecture
* Provide oversight and evaluation on large vendor installations, interfaces and prototypes
* Develop standards and best practices
* Consultative on larger strategy
* Owns the end to end solution design and architecture for systems such as Digital Messaging, Customer Status and Enterprise Risk.
* Collaborates with EA and SAs from other domain to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives
* Some travel will be required
What you have:
* Ability to own architecture, including its direction and present a vision for the future of the Technology platform.
* Ability to drive through, directly and through influence, the ideal solution strategy with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
* Desire and ability to understand the business and develop architectures that meet current and anticipated business needs
* Evaluate new technologies, stay current with a broad range of industry trends
* Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
* Ability to work on cross channel integrations
* Experience with Architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, GoF, SOA, Event based)
* Experience with infrastructure scaling (e.g. load distribution, SDN, horizontal, vertical)
* Experience with Cloud Native (12-Factor) and Infrastructure Patterns
* Experience with the 4 1 architectural view model
* Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends
* Lead experience in application development (Java or .Net)
* Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment
* Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients
* Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long term impact on the firm
* Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership
* A software engineering background is required
* Ability to work with engineers and executives
* Strong presentation and communication skills
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, ****. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job SpecificationsRelocation Offered?:YesWork Schedule:DaysLanguages:English - spokenCurrent Licenses / Certifications:NoneRelevant Work Experience:IT-Change Management/Release Management-6 yrsPosition Located In:TX - AustinEducation:BA/BSJob Type:Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 1, 2018