California Licensed / Registered Architect
Public Sector Projects -- Higher Education, K-12 Education & Healthcare Architectural Projects
Position: Licensed Architect / Registered Architect
Location: Sacramento, California
Top ranked, 100% employee owned Multidisciplinary Architectural and Engineering Services firm actively seeks a California State Registered Architect to provide design expertise to our firm's public sector Higher Education, K-12 Education, and Healthcare projects. This is a long term full time career opportunity within our Sacramento, California office.
Licensed Architect Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares designs at the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project.
2. Analyzes design and construction issues for solutions and/or incorporation.
3. Develops technical specifications as required.
4. Prepares master plans for new building construction.
5. Meets with clients to ascertain needs and develops space list, square foot requirements and preliminary floor plans.
6. Performs design/constructability reviews.
7. Comments on architectural issues, including cost, design and construction technology.
8. Evaluates building and site conditions and prepares technical reports of investigations.
9. Interprets applicable codes for compliance and applies this knowledge to documents prepared and/or reviewed to
ascertain compliance with those codes, standards and requirements.
10. Performs value engineering analysis and reviews.
11. Stamps and signs architectural documents as required.
12. Directs the work of various employees engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents respective to each
13. Able to provide leadership to a project team and ensure accomplishment of project objectives.
14. Assists the estimating department in the development of conceptual and detailed cost projections.
15. Supports and participates in business development and marketing efforts including assisting with the preparation of proposals and
presentations for new work.
16. Attends oral interviews as required in the procurement process.
17. Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Licensed Architect Knowledge and Experience Needed:
Knowledge of applicable codes and standards required. Knowledge of the architecture, engineering and construction management industry. Effective computer skills, including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop and specialized software appropriate to professional qualification required. Ability to create presentation level 3-D models in Sketchup, 3ds Max, or equivalent is preferred. Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Effective organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and plan work. Ability to gather and interpret technical or abstract data to resolve extraordinarily difficult and uncommon problems. Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to manage a team of professionals in the production of quality projects delivered on time and within budget. Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, communication, teamwork and analytical thinking.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in architecture or related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the architectural profession.
• State of California Architect license required.
• Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team.
• NCARB Certification plus.
• CASp certification plus.
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration please email detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time