Otak is looking to hire a talented urban designer and/or landscape design professional in our Redmond, Washington office. The position is an integral part of our team with intended support to our planners and landscape architects in the Redmond office. This position will support a variety of planning, design, research, design, graphics, and other tasks.
What you'll do:
* Develop and support the resolution of design solutions during the concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents phases.
* Develop high quality, 2D and 3D illustrations and renderings to communicate design and urban planning solutions.
* Assist project team with product and systems research, and materials selection.
* Support a variety of planning and research tasks.
* Collaborate with project team to ensure design intent and conformance to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
* Collaborate with Otak's civil, structural, and water resource engineers on multi-disciplinary projects to develop comprehensive and sustainable design solutions.
* Prepare client presentations and presents design concepts, drawings, models, etc.
* Participate in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
What you bring:
* A minimum of a completed Bachelor's degree in landscape architecture, and/or a related field such as urban planning or urban design; or equivalent education and experience.
* Two years of work experience with a design firm or public sector agency.
* Knowledge of zoning codes, applicable codes, and implications on design
* Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, Rhino, InDesign, and other design and modeling programs
* Knowledge about sustainability and integrated design
Why work at Otak?
Otak is different. We imagine, plan, and create exceptional places that add to the communities where we live, work, and enjoy life. Our planning, design, engineering, architectural, and project management professionals take their responsibility to future generations seriously. We value sustainability, social equity, and community involvement.
Our staff is connected, engaged, and fulfilled in their professional and personal lives. There is a sense of community and collaborative spirit in both your professional (most projects are cross-discipline) and personal life (join a happy hour gathering or an office camping trip). We laugh about it, but if Otak were a car, it would most likely be a Subaru: adventurous and dependable, but also fun with a loyal and spirited following.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Otak is leaning in on diversity through our Equity and Inclusion initiative. We are actively exploring ways to accelerate professional and leadership advancement for women and the under-represented. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you'd like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.
Website : http://www.microsoft.com
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices. Its Windows division offers Windows operating system; Windows Services suite of applications and Web services, including Outlook.com and SkyDrive; Surface RT and Pro devices; and PC accessories. The companys Server and Tools division provides server software, cloud-based services, and solutions; and training and certification to developers and information technology professionals, as well as builds standalone and software development lifecycle tools for software architects, developers, testers, and project managers. Its products include Windows Server operating systems, Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Intune, Windows Embedded, Visual Studio, System Center products, Microsoft consulting services, and Premier product support services. The companys Online Services division offers online information and content, including Bing, Bing Ads, and MSN. Its Microsoft Business division provides software and online services, such as Microsoft Office system consisting of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Yammer, and Microsoft Office project and office Visio; and Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Dynamics CRM, as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office 365, which are online service offerings. The companys Entertainment and Devices division offers products and services designed to entertain and connect people. Its products include Xbox entertainment platform, including Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 video games, and Xbox 360 accessories; Xbox LIVE; Skype; and Windows Phone. The company markets and distributes its products through original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and resellers, as well as online. It has a strategic partnership with DocuSign, Inc. and Ooyala. Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.