The Solution Architect leads the solution design of medium to large sized projects and programs, from ideation through implementation. They work closely with Agile Delivery Teams, business partners, IT stakeholders and Enterprise Architecture to ensure potential solutions align with established technology directions and standards while meeting business needs. They create and communicate key project architecture artifacts that represent the overall solution in the areas of Infrastructure, Application, Integration and Data Architectures. They have a breath of technology knowledge and are avid learners of both the business and technology. They are also able to tailor their communication level to the appropriate levels of the organization and will manage deliverables on several portfolio projects concurrently. They will also mentor and guide other Solution Architects.
Successful candidates will possess strong communication skills, comfort around higher management, command skills, creativity and a strong technical acumen. They will also have political savvy and strategic agility, the ability to work with and direct peers, and are avid learners of Comerica's Businesses and what makes them successful. Must be able to understand the long-term (big picture) and short-term perspectives of situations. They are also able to take strong positions, communicate and defend, when called to make difficult decisions. Experience with financial systems (preferably payment systems) and knowledge of government or compliance standards (e.g. SWIFT CSP, PCI, and AIBE) be helpful.
Experience with commercial banking technologies and portal platforms is desired.
1. Leads the solution design of several medium to large sized projects of moderate complexity, providing a baseline set of design artifacts for use by developer and engineers during construction.
2. Ensures solution designs align with our Enterprise Architecture Principles, Patterns, IT Standards and Strategies.
3. Ensures all viable options are objectively considered and appropriately balances the business goals with technical architecture, and project constraints.
4. Communicate how the overall solution meets the business requirements.
5. Provide input into estimating processes to establish project funding.
6. Ensures all solutions drive simplification and standardization through the effective use of design patterns and reuse of technology.
7. Effectively work with internal technical teams as well as outside vendors to determine appropriate solution architectures and implementation models.
8. Designs solutions that effectively meet the performance, extensibility, integration, capacity, and accessibility needs of applications.
9. Ensures designs appropriately meet our Technical Minimal Security Baseline standards (TMSBs) and align our enterprise standards and principles.
10. Actively participates in defining the short and long term architecture strategy for key business segments, focusing on cross project needs and future business direction.
11. Leads in the development of architectural design patterns.
12. Leads the development, implementation, communication, and on-going support of solution architecture processes and standards.
13. Active participant in the promotion and continued enhancement of our Enterprise Architecture practice and governance.
14. Review and provide expert knowledge to other Architect roles.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Local travel is required of this position up to 10% of time
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 10 years of technical experience or High School Diploma or GED and 14 years of experience
* 10 years IT project experience with small to medium sized projects.
* 10 years of experience in identifying multiple technical solutions for business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions, and providing recommendations.
* 10 years of experience with enterprise architecture and a contributor of its direction.
* 8 years of experience with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
* 5 years of experience with the enterprise's inter-departmental relationships.
* 7 years of experience with the development and use of architectural patterns.
* 7 years of experience at creating architectural diagrams targeted to varying audiences.
* 7 years of experience in translating business needs into solution architecture requirements.
* 7 years of experience with business process re-engineering principles and processes.
* 8 years of experience with Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
* 5 years of experience in estimating the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Website : https://www.comerica.com/
Comerica Incorporated is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, strategically aligned into three major business segments: the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management.