Katerra is atechnology company transforming property development, design, andconstruction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind ofcompany that brings together expertise in design, technology, materialsourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integratedoffering.
With this uniqueapproach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise.Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of designconcessions is over.
At Katerra, we leadfrom every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embraceambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards ofexcellence.
Project Manager, Architecture - Hospitality
The Project Manager,Architecture position provides an immediate growth opportunity to advance yourprofessional, technical, communication, and managerial skills while helping toshape the standards, practices, and environment of this wholly newmulti-disciplinary design office. You will work closely with the design team toprovide the highest level of client service and design execution. On a dailybasis, you will drive the preparation of project plans, diagrams, renderings,and specifications. You will communicate with support teams for documentationof permit drawings and presentation renderings, and help to coordinate betweenclients and our global team of internal and external partners.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities
* Work closely with theProject Design Lead and project team to generate clear diagrams, technicaldrawings and code analysis of projects
* Interface with andprovide technical guidance to collaborating design and production teams, bothdomestic and abroad.
* Coordinate withconsultants, collaborating design partners, and internal Katerra teams todevelop assemblies and details that are applicable for both manufacturing andconstruction.
* Initiate andparticipate in projects in the Research and Development department,specifically designing and developing modular and prefabricated buildingsystems
* Support management instaffing, fee estimating, and scheduling.
* Write projectagreements, develop budget, and provide project status updates.
* Manage client andconsultant coordination.
* Participate inperformance review feedback for project staff and outsourcing support.
* Contribute tomaintaining and creating firm-wide documentation procedures andstandards.
* Assume mentorship rolefor junior staff.
* Some travel will berequired.
Required Skills &Experience
* A minimum of 8 yearsof technical experience in architecture
* Hospitality designexperience is a plus but not required.
* An accreditedundergraduate degree in architecture
* Knowledge ofarchitecture and architectural principles and techniques
* Knowledge of buildingmaterials and construction methods
* General knowledge ofconstruction principles and practices
* Experience inconstruction administration and specification review
* Ability to interpretapplicable building codes, local ordinances, and regulatory agencies
* Experience in managingcontracts, budgets, and production delegation
* Strong skills inAutodesk Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel
* Strong renderingcapabilities and aesthetic
Desired Skills &Experience
* Highly motivated, withaspirations for career growth
* Architecturallicensure and prior experience in multifamily and mixed-use projects
* Ability to work in acollaborative, team-oriented environment
* Initiative to executeon self-guided, special initiative projects
* Strong verbal,written, and graphic communication skills that help with collaboration acrosslarge, cross-functional teams
* Excellentproblem-solving skills
* Flexibility to evolvewith various challenges and directions as new projects and initiatives unfold
* Ability to thrive in afast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment
* Strong organizationalskills
* Disciplined work ethicwith great attitude and energy
* Ability to multi-taskand work on multiple projects and teams concurrently
* An interest in andknowledge of sustainability and green building practice, including LEED,Passive House Standards, Living Building Challenge, etc.
* Desire to change thearchitecture and construction industry for the better, and motivation to notfollow the status quo