New York City, NY, United States
Sep 21, 2021
We provide technical direction to our customers who are deploying, maintaining, or innovating solutions using the latest technology. We enable our customers to have the skills to deploy, support and maintain their environment in line with Microsoft best practices.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to combine their technical passion, creativity and customer focus to deliver great solutions to their customers and ensure they get the best out of our technologies and solutions.
The Architect within the Azure Cloud & AI Domain organization is responsible for delivering high quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform with a focus on holistic and integrated Security & Identity Solutions. Demonstrating knowledge of the Domain Solutions and offerings across the entire lifecycle, together with a critical focus on opportunity management, the Domain Architect drives transformational results and realizes business strategy for Microsoft Consulting Services
Key accountabilities include:
Business to Technology Strategy
• Drives and delivers strategy through leading Technology decisions.
• Quantifies the needs of the business to achieve value outcomes, champions required methodology, captures/reuses IP and shares best practices.
Change Leadership and Adoption
• Demonstrates an understanding of and is responsible for Customer/Partner Change management and adoption principles.
Be an Enterprise Services Role Model
• Strong leadership of Technical Delivery teams, driving high performance and collaboration between all parts of the Enterprise services organization.
Technology Delivery Management
• Drives Delivery Excellence, ensures quality customer transformation plans and solutions are delivered.
• Drives Quality outcomes and is accountable for Governance as a Technology leader. Performs risk management.
Optimizing Business Results
• Participates in opportunity management through establishing a healthy pipeline to drive & win solutions in line with Microsoft strategy.
• Demonstrates valuable customer partner interactions, driving deep customer relationships.
• Leads complex efforts to deliver profitable business results and maximize business value.
• Proven success and expertise in architecting innovative solutions primarily in a client-facing role.
• Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers.
• Ability to build trust to drive change with customers.
• Track record of delivering quality solutions as a technical leader.
• Executes recognized Architectural methods, processes and tools.
• A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies.
• Confidence in creating and delivering technical presentations and training.
• Excellent organisation and planning skills
• Bachelor’s degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent)
We would also expect you to be able to pass one of the following Azure Certification Path in the first 6 – 9 months of employment with us, if you do not already hold them:
• AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
We are looking for an Architect to join the team who will focus on one or more of the following technical skill sets delivering integrated (cyber-)security & identity solutions to our customers. You may already have at least 5 or more of these skills to help us achieve our mission, or you might be interested in learning about them.
• Technical knowledge of Microsoft security and identity technologies, such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Defender ATP, Azure ATP, Azure Security Center, and Azure Sentinel.
• Experience in Pre-sales and Delivery Consulting.
• Experience with Identity solutions and concepts like Zero Trust, Priviledged Access Management, Just-in-time Administration etc.
• Knowledge of Cybersecurity conecpts, Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and Credential Theft Mitigation recommended practices.
• Knowledge of Security Assessments and Reviews.
• Knowledge of security, threat modeling, incident response and recovery techniques.
• Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud and Workload Security configurations and practices.
• Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management)
• Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Ability to design, create and deliver to solution frameworks.
• Knowledge of Security Standards, Policies and Governance frameworks.
• Experience giving presentations to executive audiences and explaining the benefits of the Microsoft security platform.
• Knowledge of competitive security technologies
• Holding active security certifications like CISSP, CEH or others is a plus.
• Open-source software experience is a plus.
• One or more of the following programming languages: C , C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive.
• Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Github Projects, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (****.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.