Designer - Senior - Hospitality
Location:San Diego, CA, US
Genslers Southwest region is seeking an experienced hospitality interior designer with hotel experience. You must have 10 years of experience in the field post-graduation.
You will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence. We are a small, entrepreneurial group of boutique-minded professionals with a passion towards interior design, guest experience, F & B strategy, and work-life integration. We embrace experimentation. We curate experience. Were designers and strategists who craft unique environments that keep people coming back for more. As artists, inventors, taste makers and business savvy entrepreneurs, we have an endless curiosity and mindful approach to design. Our clients and inter-office studios seek our expertise for collaborative efforts that require smart, lifestyle-driven solutions.
Gensler is a recognized leader in the hospitality industry. We are Interior Design Magazines # 1 Interior Design Most Admired Firms, and a #3 ranked Hospitality Giant for 2015. Our local and international typical project types include guest rooms, public spaces, meeting rooms, spas, fitness centers, restaurants, night clubs, bars, food halls & retail markets, unique workplace/building amenities, corporate campuses and luxury commercial interiors.
- Collaborate on design projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- 10 years of related architecture and design experience with a strong background designing multiple building typologies of varying scale, with recent Hospitality experience
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or Interiors
- Hospitality industry experience required, specifically experience in the design of guest rooms
- Flexibility to focus on a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Revit skills are highly valued
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch Up and 3-D Studio Max preferred
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples online.
Gensler is a global design firm, with 47 offices and 5,000 employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (***************) or blog (*****************), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (*********************************
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.gensler.com
Gensler is a leading global architecture, design, planning, and strategic consulting firm that partners with companies to achieve measurable business and organizational goals through design. For more than 45 years, Gensler has been a pioneer in creating great places that enhance the quality of work and life. Today, Gensler has more than 3,500 professionals networked across 43 locations.