Western Oregon University
Department: Facilities Services
Salary Range: $3834 - $5868 monthly
Class: C4271 Recruitment #: S1823
Review Date: Review of applications begins immediately. Position open until filled.
This is a regular, full-time, 12-month position in the Facilities Services office and is represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union/Service Employees International Union. Facilities Services is a service-oriented organization charged with the responsibility of maintenance and operations of the buildings and grounds allocated to Western Oregon University. These operations affect the entire university faculty, staff, and student populations.
· Three years of engineering or architectural experience which includes one year of experience as a project manager for projects involving building construction and site development
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or a closely related field OR three additional years of relevant engineering and/or architectural experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience using AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite, particularly Word and Excel
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the University typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular University appointments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage both re-model and construction projects: Coordination and interaction with the Associate Director and architects in the area of research and design, preparing plans and specifications, coordinating with local, State and Federal agencies, instructing and coordinating contractors, maintain records of completed jobs, and preparing and monitoring project budgets.
· Perform final inspections to assure project compliance and approve payments during projects and at completion
· Perform on-site surveys regarding feasibility studies and cost estimates; Assist in the development of designs and specifications
· Review projects during the development and construction period; Recommend/implement necessary remedial actions; Monitor project documents and coordinate purchasing and bidding requirements
· Communicate daily with the Associate Director; Attend bi-weekly meetings; Assist in preparing, monitoring and overseeing the budget
· Climb/carry ladders
· Access roofs, utility tunnels and manholes
· Exposure to dirty, dusty, and noisy job sites
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/classified
Required Application materials (PDF preferred):
1) WOU Employment Application form (available at www.wou.edu/classified)
2) Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
4) Contact information for three references
5) Copy of unofficial transcript for highest degree earned (if needed to qualify)
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
S1823, Construction/Project Manager,, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Avenue, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR fax to: 503-838-8144.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EO/Veteran/Disability employer committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Western Oregon University
Website : http://www.wou.edu
Western Oregon University (WOU) is a mid-sized public university located in the Willamette Valley of Oregon; just 20 minutes west of Salem, an hour to both Portland and Eugene, and under an hour to the Oregon Coast. WOU has a College of Education and a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in addition to graduate programs in several areas of study and a continuing education program.