Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic program director/senior project manager who will be based in Northern California.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium's opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The primary focus of this position is to provide on-site leadership and strategic direction to a project team focused on community college implementation assignments in San Jose.
The program director leads a project team that will perform planning and implementation activities for major capital construction programs for institutions of higher education. Responsibilities may include: oversight of facilities master planning; cost estimating and budgeting; program scheduling; creation and documentation of program procedures; application of program management and tracking and reporting systems; management of procurement and assembly of project teams, including A/E and construction management; design management; construction oversight; constructability reviews; value engineering and budget reconciliations; project documentation; public approvals and permitting; quality control; and reporting and presentations to clients, governing boards, and the public.
The program director is typically the primary interface with the client and is charged with effectively managing that relationship.
Manages a portfolio of higher education capital construction assignments. Closely monitors his/her assignments and ensures successful and timely completion of project management tasks and responsibilities.Directs, supervises and manages the performance of multiple project teams.Monitors and evaluates performance of program team staff, rewarding or correcting behavior(s) as appropriate. Ensures that appropriate written documentation on employee performance is maintained.Manages the financial and accounting requirements of client service, to include scope development and pricing, client invoicing and collection activities, and account reconciliation and close-out. Ensures that receivables are accurate payments are kept current.Serves as the primary client contact and trusted advisor, communicating as needed to ensure appropriate information sharing and follow through.Actively participates in B&D's business development efforts to include assisting with marketing activities, cultivating new opportunities, nurturing existing client relationships, presenting at conferences, writing articles, and participating in interviews.Maintains and stores all records, research, and data related to assigned projects. Ensures the firm's legal and fiduciary responsibilities are well managed.Directs quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.Actively assists with the recruitment and training of new staff.Participates in all appropriate staff meetings and training programs.Assists with the company's research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing tools and models, or discovering improved ways of doing business.Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor or owners.
The program director will manage a team of project managers or other staff on a project-by-project basis.
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, real estate management, or related field.
* Minimum ten years full-time consulting, project management, or related experience preferably in CA community colleges managing large bond programs.
* Valid drivers license for travel in the United States is required.
* Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to apply technological solutions to planning or implementation assignments.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple projects of significant scale.
* Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
* Strong understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles.
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction and ethical business practices.
* Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
* Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure.
* Aptitude and desire for mentoring and training staff.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves: routing calls, troubleshooting, or providing information.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is an equal opportunity employer.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* Office environment; moderate noise.
* Field environment; loud noise; heavy machinery.
* Occasional evening or weekend work.
* Air and overnight travel is required.
* Office equipment/computers 8 hours per day.
* Sitting at desk or table up to 6 hours per day
* Standing or walking
* Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
* Eye-Hand Coordination (keyboard typing)
* Hearing and talking
* Extended periods of reading fine print.