Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in management and development of the USF Facility Prototype/Standards and Optimization Program;
* Support development and maintenance of design and construction procurement methods and the program/project management tool box;
* Contribute to the development of departmental processes and tools;
* Provide expert knowledge for forecasting and development of capital projects to USF internal stakeholders;
* Strive to develop trust with USF senior management and various project stakeholders.
* Lead development of project feasibility studies including preliminary project goals, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects;
* Partner with senior leadership to identify and develop internal project teams and responsibilities;
* Recommend an approach for executing the development of the project, i.e., design/ build, design/bid/ build, sole provider program build and lead appropriate sourcing activities;
* Lead scope clarification and development with internal stakeholders to define project parameters;
* Identify and hire outside consultants and contractors to execute projects
* Lead site planning and approval process with external consultants and governmental entities;
* Lead building design with selected design professionals and contractors;
* Perform on-going design reviews, subcontractor bid oversight, change order reviews, schedule and budget performance reviews, and construction quality checks;
* Manage consultant and contractor payment process;
* Manage construction punch and closeout activities;
* Appraise consultant, contractor, and project team effectiveness;
* Conduct post project analysis of completed projects to identify improvements for future projects;
* Prepare or contribute to project reports prepared for senior management;
* Work with other USF departments on cross-functional initiatives;
* Perform other design and construction related duties as needed;
* Engage in industry benchmarking and evaluation of current building specifications, building costs, and departmental processes.
* EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent in architecture, civil engineering, construction management, or project management.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture design, construction management, or project management of industrial, distribution, retail, and office building types, preferably in the food industry.
* Strong analytical and financial acumen skills: Able to gather data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in a manner that valid conclusions and insights can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions;
* Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well;
* Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary, sets expectations for co-workers and outside stakeholders, consultants, and contractors; keeps project team members focused on overall project goals; delegates responsibility and empowers associates and team members to make decisions and take accountability for decisions;
* Aesthetic Sensitivity: Able and comfortable with making aesthetic judgements related to architectural design, landscape design, and branding integration;
* Attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with appropriate accuracy; carefully monitors processes and project activities to recommend and initiate changes that will improve results;
* Quality Orientation – Work with understanding and passion for quality outcomes;
* Strategic thinking: Willing to see beyond the normal project management routine by researching and embracing new technologies that advance departmental and USF organizational goals;
* Strong collaboration skills: Able to organize project teams and work with team members and stakeholders to develop solutions;
* Strong technical skills: Able to apply technical skills and knowledge in the areas of program/project management, building design, and general construction in a creative manner;
* Computer skills required: Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Office 365 and Sharepoint; Visio, AutoCad or TruView.