Project Scheduling Coordinator','NA-001838','Administration and Support','Construction, Transportation','Construction, Transportation','United States-Florida-Ft Lauderdale','Permanent','Permanent','Full Time','Full Time','','','!*!Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Ft. Lauderdale Project Controls Group as a Project Scheduling Coordinator. Please note this position will be based at Atkins client site.
Working at client’s office as extension of staff, interacts with project managers and other program level staff to collect data, document, analyze and recommend improvements to client’s project delivery schedules and overall program.
- Supporting the establishment of logic driven scheduling templates and development of P6 schedules for projects included in client's 5-year program/work agenda.
- Support the maintenance and updates of all these schedules to reflect their latest statuses and ensure resolution of conflicts with existing delivery and budgetary commitments.
- Design and generation of reports based on P6 data and Excel Files.
- Provide support in the development and maintenance of client's annual work program and coordinate with supporting offices within clients organization, as required, to determine feasible projects' delivery dates.
- Report to client's Executive management and project managers of their projects delivery dates.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate spreadsheets and reports for billing and project schedules and data analysis.
- Outreaches client to determine changes in their business practices. Document such changes.
- Identify and analyze project trends and report results to Risk Manager for the development of risk management methods on adverse trends.
- Maintains logs and reports.
- Provide support on other duties, within our knowledge, as required by clients.
- Interacts with project managers and other agency staff members to collect data regarding project activities, schedule updates, possible changes to planned activities, and overall project status.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Coordinates with team members to ensure appropriate support is being provided to whole client group.
COMPLEXITY (Variety or uniqueness of tasks; relative difficulty or importance of work performed; size of unit supported, etc.):
Work requires interpretation of established procedures and guidelines.
DECISION-MAKING (Supervision received; independent judgment or initiative; consequence of error):
Work requires use of judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in situations.
INTERNAL CONTACTS (Required interaction/relationship with others within the organization):
Daily interaction with clerical, technical, professional and management staff involved in project(s).
EXTERNAL CONTACTS (Required interaction/relationship with others outside the organization):
Daily contact with client.
','!*!EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Architecture, Engineering or related discipline with a minimum two years of experience. Without a degree, this is typically reached through a minimum of six years of experience in relevant analytical and/or project administrative work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with peers and client staff at different levels
- Good presentation skills
- Previous experience with FDOT related projects is a plus
- Previous knowledge of Primavera P6 or MS Project is a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Good writing skills
- Must have good analytical ability and technical skills
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.','Project Scheduling Coordinator
Website : http://www.atkinsglobal.com
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.