Houston, TX, United States
Jun 29, 2020
Senior Civil CAD/BIM Manager','158454','!*!
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' videoWe believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
New project opportunities and CAD/BIM software releases have created the need for this position. Position preferred in Houston.
In this role, we’ll count on you to:
• Manage incoming data for a technically diverse professional team
• Communicate clearly with other CAD/BIM professionals on requirements related to software, data management, compliance with company data standards and practices, and training needs
• Provide direction and support in the creation of BIM products and construction drawings that are compliant with contract conditions, CAD standards, and best practices
• Use Bentley’s Open Roads Designer software
· ','!*!Required Qualifications
• Associate or technical school degree, or combination of education and relevant experience
• Experience with Civil Engineering design (including management of survey and utility data, coordination with GIS data sources, creation of surfaces, performance of earthwork grading, and performance of quantity take-offs)
• At least 10 years of experience creating construction drawings
• Proficiency in use of Bentley’s MicroStation drafting software
• Experience with vertical Bentley applications and an enthusiasm for learning Open Roads Designer
• Enthusiasm for learning new software and providing support and informal training to other CAD/BIM professionals
• Microsoft Office skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
• Associate degree in Civil Engineering Technology preferred
• Experience with Open Roads Designer
• Experience with following U.S. Army Corps of Engineers CAD standards
• Experience with projects that address coastal storm flooding risks
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. ','United States-Texas-Houston','','','','','','Water Resource Mgt','Full-time','Regular','','Water Supply Management','Water Supply Management','Jun 29, 2020','Senior Civil CAD/BIM Manager