Senior Healthcare Electrical Engineer job in Houston, TX | Arup Jobs
- Our Firm
- Main Site
- Our Firm
Careers at Arup Shape A
Better World. Join our team of diverse, creative, and curious minds.
To search jobs outside of the Americas,
please visit our International Site.
Senior Healthcare Electrical Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the worlds most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 13,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients needs.
Our Houston office is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with significant healthcare experience and superior design and analysis skills to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers planning and designing mainly healthcare facilities. Ideally the candidate has enough recognition in the industry and among clients that would give us the required credibility in business development and client interface activities. This role will be to support our Houston Healthcare Business Leader in multidisciplinary project leadership and business development efforts. It also involves technical leadership and delivery of electrical design and consulting services on inpatient and outpatient healthcare facility projects.
- Support/lead business development activities for Healthcare projects, including preparing proposals
- Win and manage work. Manage the overall design of large, complex projects - coordinating large multidisciplinary project delivery teams within tight time and budget constraints. Predict and plan for resources. Manage both technical and financial project performance.
- Procure and negotiate contracts and lead our internal bid review process for all associated work
- Lead face to face communication with clients on technical strategy and related topics
- Lead the electrical design teams on projects:
- Lead the design of electrical design including large (low and medium voltage) normal and essential power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems for assigned healthcare projects, including sustainable and resilient design strategies
- Participate in meetings with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues
- Establish conceptual electrical design strategies as part of a multidisciplinary delivery
- Compose, edit, and integrate electrical elements into multidisciplinary owner project requirements (OPR) and basis of design (BOD) reports for projects
- Perform load analysis for different stages of design
- Perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
- Prepare single line diagrams for power distribution and plans detailing the entire electrical design
- Select and specify appropriate electrical equipment and luminaires for projects
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines, architects, and electrical sub-contractors
- Review and monitor the quality of design and documentation tasks performed by others
- Lead the successful technical and financial delivery of projects
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Architectural Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- A sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to large buildings projects
- Significant experience applying healthcare regulatory requirements on large hospital projects
- Texas PE license
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
- Experienced large-project project-manager
- Thorough understanding and exposure to multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey complex topics to layperson audience
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges, dynamic personality
- Collaborative, can-do, service minded, client focused attitude
- Work from our Houston offices
Job Number: HOU00002Z
Category: Electrical Engineering
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: May 14, 2018
Arup All rights reserved.
- Our Policies
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.arup.com/
Founded in 1946 with an initial focus on structural engineering, Arup first came to the world’s attention with the structural design of the Sydney Opera House, followed by its work on the Centre Pompidou in Paris. Arup has since grown into a truly multidisciplinary organisation. Most recently, its work for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing has reaffirmed its reputation for delivering innovative and sustainable designs that reinvent the built environment.