Aetna Consumer Health& Products (CHP) mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna s digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development road map and execution of the road-map. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Aetna Digital is looking for a Senior Software Architect that will interface with several disciplines within various BUs of Aetna including UI, PM, Partners, Engineering, etc. towards the creation of a unified customer facing experience.
This roll would require EXCELLENT coalition building skills, solid technical knowledge up and down the stack, great communication skills, and the ability to design restful application APIs.
* The ideal candidate will be able to work with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
* Experience with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
* A disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
* Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude
* Working in an Agile SDLC
* Participate in high-level estimation
* Work with best of breed technologies (Cloud, high through put event processing, data analytics, etc.)
Technologies and Experience background desired:
* Experience with design and development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, implementation and testing
* Modern technologies experience including: Node.js, Python, Ruby, Java, AngularJS, messaging (i.e. AWS, SNS/SQS, Rabbit MQ), and other cloud services.
* Experience designing RESTful APIs that map the user experience into back-end functionality
* Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
* Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles a plus
* A proven track record of working as part of a team on large architectural projects
* Excellent verbal and written communications
* 10 years of recent and related experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
* Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contribution!
* Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
* One volunteer day per quarter
* An onsite gym
* $200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill,...
* Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
* Up-to 1.5K a year for training/conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Aetna Life Insurance Company
login or upload resume to view
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Aetna Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.aetna.com
Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. The Health Care segment provides medical, pharmacy benefit management, dental, behavioral health, and vision plans on an insured basis, and an employer-funded or administrative basis. This segment also provides Medicare and Medicaid products and services, as well as other medical products, such as medical management and data analytics services, medical stop loss insurance, workers' compensation administrative services, and products that provide access to its provider networks in select markets. This segment offers its products and services to multi-site national, mid-sized, and small employers, as well as individual customers. The Group Insurance segment provides life insurance products comprising group term life insurance, voluntary spouse and dependent term life insurance, group universal life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; disability insurance products; and long-term care insurance products, which offer benefits to cover the cost of care in private home settings, adult day care, assisted living, or nursing facilities. This segment provides insurance products principally to employers that sponsor its products for the benefit of their employees and their employees dependents. The Large Case Pensions segment manages various retirement products, including pension and annuity products for tax-qualified pension plans. The companys customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups, and expatriates. Aetna Inc. was founded in 1853 and is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut.