Madera seeks a full-time Design and Project Director to join our team in our Brooklyn Office
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Madera provides a curated collection of finished hardwood and reclaimed wood floors and wall surfaces for the architecture and design community. We rely on the highest quality manufacturing and finishing techniques while drawing from the organic minimalism of Scandinavian design. Our goal is to highlight the natural perfection of wood in every project. We are located across from the Navy Yard in Brooklyn and manage a creative space where architecture, interior design, and art merge together in a forward thinking environment. Madera is growing rapidly and recently added a West Coast location in Los Angeles with the plans to open a West Coast Showroom in 2019.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Madera is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a full-time Design and Project Director. We are looking for someone to help manage the creative and technical aspects of our business and oversee the successful execution of projects. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: develop new products and collections, create design solutions with wood for architects and designers, manage projects and production, supervise a team of project and production staff, work with the design team to design and develop in-house marketing materials, and contribute to other creative initiatives as part of our marketing strategy. We seek an out of the box thinking individual who is willing to bring fresh ideas to the table and can confidently execute these new ideas to help grow and improve our business. This is an exciting position with a young, innovative and forward thinking company. The sky really is the limit!
• Coordinate the design and development of new products and collections with our Product Development Committee
• Work closely with homeowners, architects and designers to provide design input on wood elements for projects
• Lead in designing and developing in-house marketing materials, including printed collateral digital presentations, packaging, and website development as a member of the Marketing & Creative Committee
• Design and produce Manifesto (book) of Madera’s work, culture, history, etc.
• Design buildout of Brooklyn Showroom, including samples room organization, shop buildout, conference room, etc.
• Design new showroom space in Los Angeles, including interior build out, samples display, etc.
• Organize events at Brooklyn and Los Angeles showrooms, including temporary space buildouts, invitation design, marketing materials, etc.
• Design and coordinate exhibitions for special events, trade shows, etc.
• Coordinate project and product photoshoots and work creatively with videographer to develop video content Projects
• Oversee all projects and production, manage vendor relationships and supervise a team of project and production staff
• Lead our Production and Logistics Committee
• Coordinate with architects, designers, and contractors to determine project specifications, provide technical solutions, perform constructability reviews, etc.
• Conduct all necessary site visits from project conception through construction and follow up
• Advise on technical matters regarding specification (species, cut, grade, finish, etc.), installation, refinishing, etc.
• Work creatively with architects, contractors, and homeowners to develop custom projects – provide design services, produce shop drawings, etc.
• Develop technical drawings and specification sheets for all Madera products including flooring, paneling, stair parts, etc. Incorporate specification information into comprehensive technical reference document
• Attend project meetings, “Wine Learns”, and other marketing events to develop new business opportunities for Madera globally
• Advanced degree in Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Engineering or Construction Management field with 5 years’ work experience
• Strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Flexible, self-motivated, and a collaborative team player
• Able to communicate effectively with team members, clients and vendors
• Prior project management experience important
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail is a must
• Knowledge and familiarity with building materials and construction processes is important
• Knowledge and understanding of wood, timber industry and wood craftsmanship advantageous
• Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Benefit package includes health insurance stipend, 15 days paid vacation, 8 days paid sick leave, paid public holidays, and flextime
• Regular working hours are Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5:30PM
• Madera employees are expected to use a personal laptop for work
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please reference “Design and Project Director” in the email subject
• For more information about Madera please visit madera-trade.com
View your Application History