Michael Baker International
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings – architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management – to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics – “success” to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients’ expectations to “Make a Difference.”
The Design Associate - Architecture is an integral component of our Architecture/Engineering Practice. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual whose responsibilities will include the design and documentation for a broad range of project types. With an ongoing focus on growing Federal, Department of Defense, and International project opportunities, along with market-driven diversification including Healthcare, Commercial, Transit, and Adaptive Re-Use, the successful candidate will work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative design teams with architects, interior designers, site/civil engineers, and building systems engineers. You must demonstrate creative problem-solving, organizational skills, strong production management capabilities, and a good understanding of construction documents and constructability.
• Tremendous opportunities to design and lead small to mid-size architecture projects or to collaborate as part of a larger team executing large, complex designs
• Engagement and continuity through all phases of a project, from programming/concept design through construction phase services
• Spontaneous problem-solving with interior designers, structural and/or building systems engineers
• BS/BA Architecture; Bachelor of Architecture; or MS/MA Architecture (4-6 year degree)
• Ability to achieve licensure as a Registered Architect
• 3-5 years of experience in the design and documentation of architecture projects, including well-developed skills in three-dimensional visualization and comprehensive building design
• Organized and confident; design talent, graphic presentation and effective visual/verbal communication skills are essential; proficient understanding of inter-relationships among design/engineering disciplines, clients, and constructors
• Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential
• Demonstrated proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM)[Autodesk Revit Architecture 2016]/AutoCAD 2016 and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) computer skills
• Experience with graphics/rendering software (SketchUp, Adobe 3D Max, Maya, Rhino, etc.) to quickly and effectively communicate ideas is preferred
Michael Baker International
Website : http://www.mbakerintl.com
Baker (NYSE Amex: BKR), founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for public and private sector clients worldwide.