What you do at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. changes everything
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Are you the type of person who likes to make things go fast? Do you have an insatiable curiosity about how hardware and software architectures combine to make workloads fast (or slow)? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and make things happen? If so, we have a job for you.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Server Power and Performance Optimization team is looking for a hands-on architect to optimize the performance of important server workloads/benchmarks throughout the life of our server platforms. When new silicon shows up, you will be trying to understand the performance of the silicon as well as the platform. You will need to understand pre-silicon projections and how the map to reality. When the parts become generally available, you will be the expert who helps our customers (major OEMs, mega datacenters etc) make their applications run faster. Finally, you will analyze the competition and identify comparative strengths and weaknesses.
Candidate must have strong software chops and know (or be willing / capable of learning) **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. SoC architectures. Strong communications skills are required as this person will work with hardware and software architects across the company to identify potential improvements, characterize behavior and drive improvements wherever they lie. Potential improvements could be in (but not limited to) the platform configuration, the operating system, the compiler, the BIOS, firmware or processor architecture. Candidate must be capable of studying and understanding complex workloads.
* Strong software engineering background ranging from application level to BIOS
* Strong communications skills. Able to summarize complex problems for executives as well as drill down to details with architects and engineers
* Strong analytic skills including the ability to analyze current behavior, identify potential areas for improvement and design / execute experiments with the overall goal being to optimize the performance of the workload
* Comfortable setting up servers, changing hardware and installing server SW
* Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.
* Comfortable optimizing software, hardware and systems
* Experience with system and software performance debug tools
* Strong systems level debug including networking, storage, compute, clusters etc
* Experience developing and optimizing software for various silicon architectures.
* Experience in cloud environments
* For understanding the strengths and weaknesses of NUMA architecture
* Experience developing and running industry benchmarks
Requisition Number: 53462
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Software Engineering
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?