Perkins+Will is seeking designers with exceptional creativity and strong entrepreneurship to join our NY office. Become a member of our collaborative team, and contribute your passion for sustainability and design excellence!
As a junior Interior Designer I you will:
• Assist your project team throughout the conceptual design, materials/furniture selection and construction documentation process.
• Apply key principles of design including form, scale, color, texture, pattern, light, balance and proportion.
• Participate in site analysis; including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
• Assist with programming and space planning with area calculations for building analysis and test fit services.
• Utilize your technical skills in Revit and other design application software to prepare presentation graphics.
• Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
Candidates for the role of junior Interior Designer I must have the following:
A professional degree in Architecture or Design
1-3 years of professional experience in interior design
Basic understanding of interior design theory and construction documentation production
Proficiency in Revit, AutoCad, 3D modeling and visualization software
Strong graphic design abilities
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions
LEED AP (or commitment to complete exams within 6 months of hire)
Participation in Interior Design Experience Program (IDEP)
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and digital portfolio (work samples no larger than 4MB).
At Perkins+Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.