Nebraska Furniture Mart
For over 75 years, Nebraska Furniture Mart has been a leader in providing affordable home furnishings to the Midwest area. Our motto is to improve people's lifestyles with quality services and products, and we are positive that our employees are the drivers behind our success. Nebraska Furniture Mart employs staff members who are dedicated and passionate about their work.
A career with us includes great opportunities for growth and advancement, day and evening shifts, competitive pay, and fantastic benefits. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to become a part of our winning team. Duties for this position would include:
SUMMARY: Plans, designs, and furnishes interior environments of residential and commercial buildings by performing the following duties.
Offer full-service Interior Design services to our customers:
• Confers with client to determine style preferences, lifestyle choices, the scope of the project, investment plan, and other factors which affect planning interior environments.
• Provide in-home design services to assure accurate measurements are taken, look at traffic patterns, floor coverings, natural lighting, furniture and accessories needs, and make window treatment suggestions. Integrates findings with knowledge of interior design and formulates environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
• Advises client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings, color schemes, and color coordination.
• Selects products and make design presentations to clients for approval. Presentation includes floor plans, furniture, lighting, art work, area rugs, wall décor and window treatments with drawings or illustrations, also estimates material requirements and costs.
• Orders furnishings, art works, area rugs and accessories.
Assist NFM customers in determining needs and providing product information while meeting or exceeding all Minimum Acceptable Standards for the department:
• Circulate the sales floor and approach customers in a timely manner. Follow greeting requirements.
• Qualify customer needs. Based on the customer’s responses, suggest products that will meet their needs. Inform, demonstrate and educate the customers on features and benefits of the products.
• Efficiently manage the sales process. Point out advantage of add-on-products. Handle and overcome objections. Close sales. Provide necessary point-of-sale information.
• Follow the sales floor guidelines with each and every customer. Follow exit requirements. Reinforce purchase decision.
• Accurately enter orders into the system. Handle customer service issues as authorized.
• Follows up with customers after delivery.
For benefits details, please see www.nfm.com/careers.
Applicable pre-employment testing required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or a related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of retail sales experience. ASID membership preferred.
• Broad range knowledge of furniture and furniture styles preferred.
• Valid driver's license, insurance, and acceptable driving record.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints/renderings and documents.
• Ability to work night and/or weekends based on business needs.
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Website : http://nfm.com
Nebraska Furniture Mart, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the largest home furnishing store in North America selling furniture, flooring, appliances and electronics. NFM was founded in 1937 by Mrs. B (Rose Blumkin) in Omaha, Nebraska. In 1983, Mrs. B sold a majority interest to Berkshire Hathaway. NFM now has three stores, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Kansas City, Kansas, and Des Moines, Iowa. A fourth store is expected to open in The Colony, TX in the spring of 2015. Born outside of Minsk, Russia, in 1893, Rose Gorelick followed her husband, Isadore Blumkin to America in 1917 to take on the American dream. By 1922, the young couple had scraped together enough money to have her family flee Russia and join them in America.