Entry-Level Aviation Planner
HNTB Job Title
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking an Entry-Level Aviation Planner
in our Oakland, CA
Entry level position performing basic assignments.
Works from designs and plans of others, compile data, perform basic design and technical computations.
Applies recognized tools of analysis and provides comprehensive review of the data.
Researches and collects raw data and organizes in a form ready for analysis.
Assists in preparation of transportation plans and studies.
Assists in production of concepts, graphics and reports.
Assists in the development of presentation material, reports or report layout.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform research, gather data, and conduct field surveys in support of airport planning studies
- Develop technical analysis for airfield/airspace, terminal or ground transportation facilities
- Prepare concept development plans for airfield, terminal or ground transportation facilities
- Prepare written reports and deliverables for airport planning studies
- Prepare power point presentations for dissemination of technical information to clients, stakeholders and the public
- Perform related work as required
- Knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research for airports
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, database, simulation, and spatial/graphical analysis applications (REVIT, GIS, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff at client organizations
Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Urban Design or related field
- Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Aviation Management.
- Possesses a familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Experience using AutoCAD
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
“EEO is the Law” Poster
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement