Practice Technology Regional BIM Manager (East Region)
US-GA-Atlanta | US-FL-Orlando | US-DC-Washington
# of Openings
HKS is a team of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and other professionals working together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our research teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes--then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
A strategic role dedicated to BIM Management within the Practice Technology Group at HKS for a given region of the firm. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, self-motivated with a passion and aptitude towards technology. The PT BIM Manager will be able to multi-task and should have a good working history of managing BIM models and workflows at a project level including the process of documenting at all phases of our design projects. Their role is instrumental in helping evolve the process as the industry changes towards more innovation in our BIM processes. This person should be at an expert level in Revit, and have a full understanding of industry standards, including but not limited BIM Execution Plans and Level of Development standards. The Regional BIM Manager will work with the Firm Wide BIM Manager to implement companywide objectives, standards, and training. A Regional BIM Manager will also grow the internal BIM knowledge on projects through the involvement and integration of Practice Technology Leaders/Liaisons in each regional office.
• Assist in the implementation of the HKS BIM Standards
o HKS Green Book
o Revit Standards for Template & Content
• Collaborate & Assist project teams
o Engage in Project kick-off Meetings to guide the BIM Coordinator on development of BIM Execution Plan (BxP)
* Review any client / contractor related BxP requirements
* Review LOD requirements
o Provide ongoing Revit technical support to the project team
o Mentor the team on best practices to improve workflow
• Provide troubleshooting support on an on-demand basis
o Respond to Help Desk Tickets in person or remotely
o Respond to email/phone/walk-up/chat request for support in person or remotely
o Work with Information Technology (IT) on support related issues
o Work with Autodesk on support related issues
• Communication and Collaboration on known issues, area of improvements, new emerging technologies and processes with:
o Practice Technology Group
o Practice Technology Leaders / Liaisons
o Project Teams / Project Level BIM Coordinators
• Perform Model Health Checks to ensure integrity and reliability of Revit models
o Review results with project teams & follow up at relevant milestones.
• Manage & Implement Cloud based BIM Coordination by integrating Collaboration for Revit (C4R) into project workflows
• Provide Training on Revit and associated plugins needed to improve workflows, including creating training material as handouts and workflows to be posted online on our internal learning platform. Training materials may include:
o Pre-training & Post-training Questionnaire
o Slide Deck & handout
o Data Sets
Strategic Internal Engagement:
• Test and roll out new versions of Revit and other BIM relevant software
o Provide testing criteria
o Document testing results
• Continue to expand & implement new emerging BIM Technologies
• Identify future leaders to extend office support, provide feedback to grow the pool of talent.
• Continued improvement of the HKS BIM Process with internal committees and groups:
o Involvement in BIM Committee
o Immersive Tech. Champions
o Design Green
o Sustainability Champions
o LINE Studio
Management, Leadership and Support for PTL’s:
• Provide leadership and management of the Office Practice Technology Leaders (PTLs). Support them on their responsibilities and engagement at their office level. Organize Monthly Calls with the PTL’s for bi-directional information and updates.
Strategic External Engagement:
• Aspire to speak, present, or teach at a minimum, at one industry relevant conference such as but not limited to:
o Autodesk University
o Mid-West University
o Local User Groups / Committees
An entrepreneurial spirit who embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities for creativity and innovation
• Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM software along with installations & set up of the application.
• Solid understanding of legacy CAD applications and practices, particularly AutoCAD
• Familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications such as Sefaira, Insight360, 3ds Max, SketchUp, NavisWorks and Rhino with an innate ability to communicate the benefits of these components within an integrated building information model. Knowledge of Scripting/Coding is a plus for computation tools like Grasshopper & Dynamo.
• Articulate communicator able to convey BIM concepts to all levels of design professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to Revit project teams.
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, set priorities and manage competing demands.
• Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent, with 8 to 10 years of experience in design or construction practice preferred.
• Must possess at least 5 years of relevant experience with Revit and BIM Concepts
HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
HKS is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, advancement, compensation, and termination. HKS’ policies, including its Affirmative Action Programs, are designed to not only ensure legal compliance with state and federal anti-discrimination and retaliation laws, but to carry out the principles of equal employment opportunities in all job categories. Deliberate and conscious effort is made to make employment decisions that are consistent with these equal employment opportunity principles. HKS will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or disability; and ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements. Employees and applicants will not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination for filing a complaint, assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation or hearing, opposing and/or exercising any other right made unlawful by Executive Order 11246, Sections 503 and 38 USC 4212, as amended, or their implementing regulations, or any other Federal, State or local laws requiring equal opportunity.