Landscape Architect - Designer II
Job LocationUS-TX-AustinJob ID1217-17469
HNTB Job TitleUDP II
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
CategoryPlanning & Urban Design/Landscape
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, were encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, What if? Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, together can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB together also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And together means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. Together means that we are engaged in the communities we serve - we live there - and are committed to their growth and development.
We are seeking a
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional Landscape Architect to take the next step in their career. All applicants to provide a portfolio that includes PS & E work samples.
Under general supervision, assigned to handle specific technical and design aspects of well-defined projects.
- Gathers data and conducts analysis of data for use in projects.
- Identifies planning strategies using tools such as GIS and traffic softwares to manipulate data and assess scenarios.
- Investigates, evaluates, and recommends the design and technical solutions that best meet the project needs.
- Coordinates among other disciplines involved in a project and usually has regular interaction with clients and other project consultants.
- Develops design concepts, technical solutions, graphics and reports for limited portions of project or for small-scale projects.
- Assists in presentations of project work to client and community groups.
- Assists in the public participation process and stakeholder facilitation.
- Prepares transportation plans, reports, studies, and formulates results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collects raw data and organizes in a form ready for analysis
- Assists with all project phases, including planning, design, program management and construction
- Assists in preparation of comprehensive plans and studies
- Works from designs and plans of others, compiles data, performs basic landscape and urban design and associated technical analysis, and prepares drawings/presentation boards for limited portions of projects
- Assists in production of concepts, graphics and reports
- Assists in the development of presentation materials, reports or report layout; Applies recognized tools of analysis and provides comprehensive review of the data
- Performs limited assignments under direction of Senior Planner/Landscape Architect
- Assists in performing basic planning studies, documentation and investigation at project sites
Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Urban Design or related field
1 year related experience
- Masters degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Urban Design or related field
- AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google Sketchup, and MS Office experience
- Experience with ArcGIS and Microstation is preferred
- Licensure is desirable but not required
- Good communication - verbal, written, hand sketching - and interpersonal skills
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?