Summit, NJ, United States
May 21, 2020
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Associate Director of Global Capital Project Engineering in Summit you would be entrusted in the management of the Engineering business with responsibility for meeting the needs of the corporation, customers, vendors and the Facilities organization alike. As such you would be responsible for:
Budget Capital and Expense Forecasting
Financial Tracking and cost reporting
Ensuring Process and Policy Compliance
Organizational Development and Training
Resource Allocation within site and regional
Vendor Management and Alliance Development
Project Delivery and Procurement Philosophy
Customer Service and Service Recovery
· Developing and manage a Communication Strategy that offers consistent and quality information to customers, senior management, vendors and external agencies
Prioritization and Scheduling
Providing Sound Engineering Solutions and Guidance
Championing/Advocating Site Standards, and Master Plans
Tools and Systems
Capital Planning both strategic and annual
Master Planning - Building and Infrastructure
Capital Portfolio Management
Working relationships with governmental agencies in the obtaining of permits, approvals
· CADD Operations
· Plan and document Management
· Commissioning and project turnover
Participates as part of the larger site Facilities Leadership Team and Engineering community
· Degree in Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil engineering is desired.
· Equivalent experience as a Senior Project Manager or Associate Director in the delivery of Capital programs.
· 15 years of Experience in managing, designing, and executing large scale and complex projects within the pharmaceutical industry
· Hands on experience in the procurement, negotiation, and management of contracts with engineering consultants, contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
· Knowledge of GMP’s, GLP’s, AAALAC, IQ/ OQ/ PQ regulations, environmental regulations, Industry practices, building codes, ADA and OSHA & PSM regulations.
· Experience in managing the overall financial performance of Capital budgets and engineering projects, including items such as cash flow, life cycle costing, business opportunity and risk, Return on investment, tax implications, cost controls, cost tracking and reporting, and financial closeout.
· Broad technical knowledge of Facility operations, Infrastructure, Engineering Systems.
· Experience in the development of requests for proposals, project scope, basis of design, construction scheduling along with commissioning and startup.
· Experience in interacting with and managing external agencies including local planning boards, permit officials, and construction officials.
· High level of interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.