Commvault is seeking a Development Manager within our Sales Technology & Analytics team located in Itasca, IL. As a Development Manager you'll be responsible for overseeing the software development lifecycle of solutions we build to support Commvault's global field sales organization and partner community. This includes planning and deploying the releases, allocating work across the team, conducting code reviews, coaching technical team members, and working closely with the architects, developers, business systems analysts, and stakeholders involved in each project to understand the work, and advise on the optimal way to complete it, accounting for resources, time, scope, and dependencies. In addition to being a coach, you'll also be a player, developing solutions along with the team. Ideally, you'll also bring expertise in User Experience (UX) design, and help the team to deliver solutions that are intuitive, streamlined, beautiful, and easy to use.
Position Responsibilities Include:
* Ensure that the development team produces quality deliverables on time.
* Coach the developers and have an individual development plan for the areas they need to improve.
* Formulate development best practices and processes, and review the code so that it adheres to standards, including code coverage, code commits, source control, continuous integration, and the like.
* Allocate resources for development items to ensure timely deliverables.
* Manage development environments and releases.
* Interface with senior executives, project managers, and other business stakeholders to understand how the business works and how it could work better in terms of people, process and technology
* Effectively communicate the options and trade-offs of technical solutions and release plans.
* Participate in the full software development life cycle, including planning and prioritization of the product roadmap, requirements gathering, solution design, development, code review, source code control, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance and improvement.
* Guide the engineering team in the development of the solution.
* Champion best practices in software development, release management, source code version control, and project management.
* Create technical design documents to support both new and existing solutions, as needed, including workflow diagrams, state diagrams, system interface diagrams, functional designs, use cases, knowledge articles, technical specifications, and other artifacts.
* Understand and support application security and access models.
* Assist in the evaluation of third party applications and tools for feasibility and impact to the business.
* Work independently and on multiple projects against deadlines in a dynamic environment, consistently producing deliverables within agreed-upon timelines.
* Act as a mentor to other Sales Technology & Analytics team members.
Position Requirements Include:
* People management interest and skills, with proven ability to drive results through others
* Experience customizing, integrating, and/or implementing large scale software applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Deep knowledge of relational database systems and relational database concepts and theory.
* Understanding of software development methodologies, tools, and best practices (release management, source code version control, etc.)
* Experience with leading project teams and contributing to business development activities
* Thorough understanding of current trends in enterprise application design and integration
* General business knowledge of customer relationship management, partner relationship management, and sales automation
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
* Some travel required (0 - 5%)
Position Preferred Qualifications Include:
* User Experience (UX) design
* Current and valid industry certifications:
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (SQL)
* Salesforce Certified Developer, Advanced Developer, Admin, Advanced Admin, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant
* QlikView Certified Designer, Developer, System Administrator
* Experience designing technical solutions for Channel sales models
* Experience in Java, Ruby, XML
* Data modeling experience with exposure to sales analytics tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos
* Advanced degree in computer science, software engineering, MIS and/or business administration