Under the supervision of Chief Engineer and/or Assistant Chief Engineer, responsible for maintenance and repairs to the buildings and grounds, related fixed and portable equipment and installation, while establishing a safe environment for the facility.
* Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities, grounds and equipment.
* Optimizes the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and pluming equipment and systems.
* Uses and helps provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective manner.
* Maintains continuous operations of equipment by trouble-shooting and repairing.
* Provides hands-on training and collaboration to other engineering team members.
* Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
* Records all pertinent data in building logbooks, and makes all appropriate daily entries.
* Conducts utility and equipment tests.
* Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
* Processes administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
* Stays abreast of the latest technology as related to building systems and equipment and emergency response regarding fire and life safety.
* Actively functions as a team member.
* Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
* Complies with Able Engineering Services and facilities policies and procedures.
* Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
* Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
* Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Engineer
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints
* As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license
* Computer skills and building automation systems experience required
* Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required
* Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?