Under direct supervision by the Executive Vice President/General Manager (EVP/GM), the Director, Capital Projects is responsible for recommendations of capital projects at the San Diego Convention Center Corporation (SDCCC). Once capital projects are approved the incumbent is responsible for the management and oversight of all capital projects including facility, equipment, site and utility construction and renovation projects at the SDCCC. The incumbent is responsible for these projects with respect to all phases of architectural/engineering design and construction activities, including the purchase and installation of major equipment, supplies, and validation. Below are characteristic of the range of the essential duties and responsibilities assigned to this position and not intended as an inclusive listing.
Direction Received: Reports to the Executive Vice President/General Manager
Collaborate: SDCCC Events; Finance; Operations; Procurement; Sales and Services Departments; Port of San Diego; and City of San Diego
While no direct reports this position does supervise work groups assisting on aspects of the project and oversees the contractor relationship
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
* Collaborate, administer, and support all capital project development in order to ensure timely and cost effective delivery to include but not limited to: development of design and/or scope; budget; procurement process includes bid; management; and quality control.
* Collaborate Operational and Maintenance (O&M) projects and Repair and Maintenance (R&M) projects with Director of Building Operations and Director of Facilities in specific O&M/R&M assignments based upon knowledge and skills.
* Develop Request for Proposals (RFPs); Request for Qualifications (RFQs); Invitation for Bids (IFBs); Statement of Qualifications (SOQ).
* Participate in the establishment and implementation of project goals and objectives, and establish and maintain adherence to project administration techniques, policies, and procedures.
* Lead and/or collaborate in the evaluation of proposals and bids; in the negotiation; implementation and administration of agreements; including architectural/engineering service agreements; construction agreements; and amendments.
* Review and recommend the approval of capital project proposals; coordinate design and planning services for assigned projects; and review design concepts for compliance with development plans.
* Prepare and submit the following forms as needed: Proposed New Project; Item Requests (IR); Capital Expenditure Authorization Request; Source Justification; and New Account.
* Monitor agreements and projects for compliance with development plans.
* Develop, prepare, and monitor project budget, submit budget justifications, and monitor and control expenditures. Note: Director, Capital Projects does not have any budget authority.
* Review and approve capital project invoices from architects, contractors, vendors, and suppliers before forwarded onto the EVP/GM and/or President/CEO for final approval.
* Collaborate with Procurement Department on permits, all conditional and unconditional waiver release forms, and notice of completion.
* Collaborate with Procurement Department to coordinate convention center tours with suppliers, contractors, vendors, or other outside entities when preparing for bid walks.
* Collaborate with Accounts Payable to resolve any accounting issues.
* Coordinate space block-out with the Director of Event Services and/or Vice President of Sales and Services.
* Enter, review, and maintain project-related documentation on the SDCCC network to include but not limited to project schedules; status reports; issues; risks and deliverables.
* Inspect and monitor project construction site to ensure adherence to drawing, specifications, and acceptable quality of workmanship.
* Serve as primary liaison between capital projects and all architect, engineer and construction activities by engaging key stakeholders through proactive communication and alignment.
* Coordinate and attend meetings to provide guidance of acceptable construction management procedures, required reporting, and completion of capital projects.
* Provide capital project updates, issues, and recommendations to the EVP/GM and assist the EVP/GM in fielding inquiries from Board members.
* Attend all relevant meetings with regards to overseeing the completion of all capital projects.
* Make presentations to the SDCCC Budget Committee, Executive Committee, and/or Board when needed.
* Keep convention center clean, safe and functioning properly in capital project areas for, staff, partners, clients, attendees, and exhibitors.
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Familiar with building systems such as mechanical, electrical, heating (steam and hot water), carpentry, painting, plumbing, masonry, welding, and HVAC.
* Knowledge of building codes, state, and local building permit procedures.
* Knowledge of ADA requirements and OSHA safety requirements.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills with a variety of software packages.
* Valid Driver's license and State Mandated Vehicle insurance.
* Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and group presentation skills.
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully. Consistent attention to details with the ability to identify discrepancies.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities, se time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
* Effective listener and collaborator at all levels.
* Preference LEED Accredited or Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
* Preference for Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in architecture, engineering, construction management or closely related field.
* Secondary education or certification in energy management, project management, project scheduling, building, fire, and safety codes is a plus.
* Demonstrated success in collaboration, planning and management of $1.0m to $10m budgets with multi-disciplinary teams.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering, project management, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), construction management or related experience.
Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting operating a computer, keyboard, and other peripheral equipment; safely drive a SDCCC electric cart; walk, stand; and climb short distances in construction settings in order to inspect the progress of assigned projects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Director, Capital Projects office is located on the Lower Level in a suite of offices and does not have immediate access to windows. Indoor HVAC unit monitors and controls temperature and air flow. Lighting provided by overhead LED lighting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and could include persons in the office suite walking past the offices engaged in conversation. Frequent computer uses at a workstation. Frequent interaction with employees, clients, vendors, and the general public via email, telephone, delivery correspondence, and/or face-to-face. While maneuvering throughout the facility and on the show floor, employees may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment, such as forklifts and electric carts, as well as loud noises originating from the use of individual and multiple quantities of mechanical equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes, airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock for both indoor and outdoor environments. Ability to work Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in order to provide an appropriate level of support and interaction to the department employees, other internal departments, clients, and vendors.
Offer Range: $91,200.51 - $114,000.64
* The San Diego Convention Center Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Copyright © Ultimate Software
Website : http://lplfinancial.lpl.com
LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision: to help entrepreneurial financial advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today we provide an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisory services to over 13,500 financial advisors as the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer,* making us a leading distributor of financial products in the United States. In addition, we support over 4,000 financial advisors with clearing services, advisory platform, and technology solutions.