Construction Project Scheduler
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· 8 years full time paid professional experience in Construction Scheduling for an owner or General Contractor, preferably in an educational facility or in public works projects
· Proficiency in Primavera P6 version 8.1 or above and MS Office Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope.
· Assists in the development of the schedule
· Reviews Contractor’s Baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly. Provides written detailed schedule review comments.
· Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract. Reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones.
· Performs schedule Time Impact Analysis for any change orders that affect the construction schedule. Conducts schedule negotiations with the Construction Manager and the contractor for any delay time settlements.
· Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit.
· Performs Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis.
· Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress. Provides reports to the
manager and upper management.
· Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings.
· Performs Program Schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis.
· Performs status updates for Program Schedules/Master Schedules on a bi-monthly basis.
· Ensures proper use of Program-level standard codes, layouts and reports necessary to ensure data integrity.
· Serves as a liaison between project teams, department leadership and the Program & Project Controls department
· Prepares reports as needed and directed by Management
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a full service project and construction management, engineering and inspection firm currently serving clients such as the City of Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering and Bureau of Sanitation, Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD), City of Long Beach Airport, Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), Port of Long Beach (POLB), Port of Los Angeles (POLA), as well as the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works (LACDPW), and the Seal Beach Naval Base.
Since 2005, we have been committed to building long-term client relationships by providing quality services and creating superior customer value. Our firm is home to accomplished professionals with diverse backgrounds from the fields of construction, architecture, engineering, and inspection who have worked together extensively over the years.
We have provided services for over $1.5 Billion worth of projects in various sectors including government facilities, education, parks & recreation, water resources, general facilities, and infrastructure. Specifically, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has provided PM/CM and constructability review services to numerous projects for the Bureau of Engineering valued at more than $300M. Our staff's experience spans all project phases from planning, design, bid and award, through construction and closeout.
PMCS is currently providing construction management services for the Bureau of Engineering Proposition O Bond Program, engineering services for the Bureau of Engineering Wastewater Conveyance Engineering Division, and GIS/engineering services for the Bureau of Sanitation.
We believe that every project success is based on partnering, collaboration, and consolidating resource pools to provide our clients with the optimum balance of flexibility and responsiveness needed to achieve high quality results for the best value.
Our project team consists of professional licensed Engineers and Architects, Project and Construction Managers, Schedulers, Estimators, Document Control and Cost Analysts.
other people applied to this job.