PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the HFC network. This position ensures optimum network performance in the Taylorville, IN markets.
• Ensure daily maintenance work is routed and completed in an efficient manner.
• Ensure all SNR issues are resolved within a reasonable amount of time.
• Coordinate special assignments as needed with Tech Ops Manager.
• Manage field maintenance and trouble areas.
• Manage fiber restoration as needed
• Provide technical support and directions to field locations regarding all network activities.
• Working with technical operations, ensure that the network has 24/7 support.
• Ensure plant preventive maintenance is conducted according to the maintenance schedule.
• Ensure that all maintenance technicians follow company safety procedures.
• Monitor and record system leakage and repair; comply with requirements outlined in applicable regulations (such as OSHA/FCC/NEC)
• Collect, analyze and present information on an accurate and timely basis; compile data for inclusion in FCC reports; maintain records, conduct tests, and prepare reports as required in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain all system maintenance records, including power supplies, sweep logs and node optimization.
• Ensure Plant repairs are made in a timely manner
• Ensure any modifications or upgrades to the network are documented.
• Ensure that the network meets company and industry quality standards.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
• Contribute to the company vision
• Provide excellent communication skills and be willing to work a variety of hours.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively Ability to supervise and motivate others.
• Ability to utilize a personal computer and software application (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, cable billing software, etc.).
• Advance knowledge of cable HFC network technical operations and maintenance.
• Ability to supervise and motivate others.
• Knowledge of all aspects of CATV operations as defined by performance and maintenance of equipment and electronics operating parameters.
• Knowledge of construction practices and specifications and headend operation & standards.
• Knowledge of Installation/Service requirements both as it relates to staff & procedures.
• Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
• Must have valid state driver’s license, a good driving record, auto insurance, and able to pass pre-employment drug screen test.
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience in cable telecom technical role, including five years administrative and/or supervisory responsibilities.
• Types and reads on a computer.
• Communicates in-person, by telephone and written correspondence.
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions.
• Exposure to fluctuating indoor temperatures.
• Exposure to periodic high noise levels.
• Stands, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls.
• Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment.
Website : http://www.newwavecom.com/